Friday, August 22, 2008

Thanks for the dinner! Can I borrow your broom?

So our ward decided that they would wait to bring our family dinner until after Dax came home. We were very grateful and the food was great! One was so great I got so excited to take this dishes back and thank them . . . . .WELL as I got out of the car in their driveway the glass lid slid off the dish and SHATTERS all over their driveway.OH MY GOSH! Did I feel like an idiot! So my father and I walk up to the door and when they answered we just smiled and i simply say," Thanks for the dinner can I borrow your broom?" He looks at us confusingly and I can't help but giggle while I explain what just happened!

Here is some of the pile we swept up!

I know this picture isn't the best but the glass flew all the way to the street in big chunks so my dad was picking them up so they didn't also get a flat tire to go along with their broken dish!! As I sit here and write this blog I cant stop laughing about how stupid I felt. So I hope you all can laugh along as I go to Target to buy a new dish!

4 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

Ha ha ha that really is so funny!! I love it! HILARIOUS!

The Wiseman's said...

Oh Lindz you are cute as can be!!

Helen said...

That is funny and it's a good thing that you can laugh at yourself.

Chelsey said...

That is so funny! I think things like that happen to keep us laughing. Glad you didn't get cut anywhere!