Friday, May 9, 2008

My first experience roasting Staburst.....

Last night we lit a fire in the backyard fire pit and roasted marshmallows, A friend told me once to try and roast a Starburst because its so good! Well I tried it and it was very good, they puff up and become all gooey even after they have cooled. I was enjoying them one by one until I tried the blue color...... then this happened!!


Oh my gosh it burned so bad! I guess I let it melt a little too much and a piece fell and dripped onto my finger. I just started yelling that it burned and hurt so bad as I wave my hand all through the air trying to cool it. This picture is a few minutes after I picked the cooled candy off my finger.


This picture is not as easy to see but this was 15 hours Later Still very red and white and puffy. At least it doesn't sting as bad!


Needless to Say I will be VERY careful next time I roast Starburst! But everyone should try this at least once they are so good!

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Ouch! Burns are horrible! I hate them! I'll have to try roasting Star Bursts, never had those before.

Hacking it up said...

OWIE!!!

I don't think I'd do that again if I were you...Starbursts huh?