Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pregnancy update!

I went to the doctors today and had an ultrasound to check the growth of Dax, well little did I know that I would soon be the one to have a 10 pound baby!!! Sort of... As of today he weighs in at a HUGE 8 Pounds 9 Ounces nothing like giving birth to a toddler!!! I still have almost a month to go and at this point he is gaining a half pound a week that would put him at almost 11 pounds. So as the tech finishes her report up I ask her how he is measuring up? and she tells me well pound wise 8 lbs 9 oz and about 39 weeks... I just looked at her and said are you sh**ting me?!?!? (This is the image that popped in my head!)

I just couldn't believe it I felt so bad that those words came out of my mouth but as I'm sitting there thinking that they still want me to go another month that's all I could say. Then she tells me the doctor will be in soon and we could discuss the options. well sure enough the doctor comes in but it not MY doctor so I get even more upset. We proceed to talk and he tells me that I have to wait there is no choice, so I requested to have an amnio to see how good his lungs are at this point and he tells me that they will do one around the 5Th of August and I am already scheduled to be delivered the 8Th so whats the point??? So I get even more upset and tell him in a firm voice that I want to speak with my doctor TODAY ( he was in labor and delivery..) then I proceed to go have one of my weekly non stress test done and wait to see the doctor, he finally comes in and I get the answers I want!! SO next Friday I am going to have an amnio done and he put me on the schedule to deliver the next day!!!! I'm feeling that he must agree with me or something to already put me on the list!!! SO PLEASE keep your fingers crossed that this pain will all be over next Saturday!!!!

6 comments:

Jamie Nicole said...

God bless your baby carrying soul.

Audrey said...

oh yay!! Baby time!! I cant believe that the doctor said you would have to wait... I would have screamed.. cursed him out, and probably threatened his life. haha.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

The Wiseman's said...

Oh I am so sorry Lindz. He is going to be awfully cute, but thank god you dont have to push him out your zorch!! You would never be the same after that!

Littletime said...

Oh you cracked me up with that picture, I am still laughing, I had to show the people I work with because I was laughing so hard. You poor dear it will soon be over.. Love ya

Chelsey said...

How frustrating you poor girl! I can't stand dealing with doctors when they don't cooperate! We'll be hoping for you to get that baby out soon!

Unknown said...

OH my gosh you poor thing! I'm glad you stood your ground and demanded to talk to your own MD. I hope it works out for a "sooner than later" delivery but if not...PLEASE post lots and lots of pictures of your 15 pound baby on your blog when you deliver him in 4weeks ok?? lol